The CarePlus Catastrophic plan is made specifically for healthy individuals and families who are looking for something for that “what if” instance. What this means is that they are worried about the major medical events that could potentially bankrupt them. And this plan is great for members who are looking for the bare minimum to get out of the ACA tax penalty. By offering sharing for hospitalization, inpatient and outpatient surgery, emergency room benefits and more the CarePlus plan benefits members by offering that peace of mind for major health emergencies. As a bonus, it also includes 100% access to our First Call Telemedicine Service and offers the ability to receive prescription discounts through RX Valet.
- ACA exempt
- Immediate Cancer sharing available assuming member has been cancer free for 5 years
- MSRA options 5K and 10K
- Events happening in the first year become pre-existing for the second-year resetting after 24 months
- Availability for 100% sharing once MSRA is met up to the catastrophic sharing limit
- Lifetime limit of double the catastrophic sharing limit
AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV
States Not Available
AK, HI, ME, MD, PR, WA, WY
$0.00 per Month
$0.00 per Month
$0.00 per Month
for Individual plus 1 Dependent
HCSM Terms & Conditions
Unity HealthShare (UHS) Statement of Beliefs (AlieraCare; InterimCare, Catastrophic Care & Unity HealthShare)
At the core of what Unity HealthShare does, and how it relates to and engages with one another as a community of people, is a set of common beliefs.
UHS' Statement of Beliefs are as follows:
1. We believe that our personal rights and liberties originate from God and are bestowed on us by God.
2. We believe every individual has a fundamental religious right to worship God in his or her own way.
3. We believe it is our moral and ethical obligation to assist our fellow man when he/she is in need according to our available resources and opportunity.
4. We believe it is our spiritual duty to God and our ethical duty to others to maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid foods, behaviors or habits that produce sickness or disease to ourselves or others.
5. We believe it is our fundamental right of conscience to direct our own healthcare, in consultation with physicians, family or other valued advisors.
Cost Sharing Understanding
- Unity HealthShare, a registered DBA, is a faith-based medical need sharing membership. Medical needs are only shared in by members per the membership guidelines. This application or membership is not issued by an insurance company, nor is it offered through an insurance company. This membership does not guarantee or promise that the eligible medical needs will be shared by the membership. This membership should never be considered as a substitute for an insurance policy.
- I understand that the membership is not insurance but is a voluntary medical needs sharing ministry, and that there are no representations, promises, or guarantees that my medical needs will be shared on my behalf. I also understand that sharing for medical needs does not come from an insurance company, but from the membership per the guidelines and membership Escrow Instructions. I also understand that any medical condition that is inquired about but not disclosed on this application, whether meeting the definition of a pre-existing condition or not, and then discovered after my membership is effective will be treated as if it had been disclosed at the time of application by applying the governing standards set forth in the Membership Eligibility Manual retroactively to my effective date of membership.
- I understand that the guidelines in effect on the date of medical services supersede any spoken or verbal communication and all previous versions of the guidelines. I also understand that with notice to the general membership the guidelines may change at any time based on the preferences of the membership, and decisions, recommendations and approval of the Board of Trustees.
- I understand that the guidelines are not a contract and do not constitute a promise or obligation to share, but instead are for UHS' reference in following the Membership Escrow Instructions. I also understand that the guidelines are part of and incorporated into this UHS Application as if appended to it.
- I understand that each child must be a dependent to participate on their parent’s membership. I also understand that eligibility for the membership for anyone, a dependent or otherwise, is based on the guidelines and that continued submission of monthly contributions does not extend an ineligible participant's membership.
- I understand that the application fee will be refunded automatically if all individuals on my application are declined for membership or if I withdraw my application prior to my membership effective date. I also understand that the application fee will not be refunded if, in the course of applying for membership, I fail to respond to written or verbal inquiries from UHS for more than sixty days. I also understand that the $25 donation portion of the application fee to UHS Ministries is non-refundable.
- I understand that monthly contribution amounts are based on operating and medical needs and the total number of members and that monthly contributions are figured on a periodic basis as needed and are subject to change at any time. I also understand that the submission of my monthly contributions is voluntary and that I am not obligated in any way to send any money.
||1-5 business days
||2 business days
||1 business day
|* Free on orders of $50 or more